Terms & Conditions
Summernats is a safe place for women
* I agree that the verbal or physical harassment, in any way, at Summernats is unacceptable. If I engage in such behavior, I will be ejected from the Summernats.
Summernats Car Festival
- ‘You’ and ‘your’ refers to the customer. ‘We’, ‘us’, ‘our’ and event organiser refers to Summernats Pty Ltd (ABN 48 139 042 961). This ‘agreement’ means these terms and conditions and any other conditions specified by us on our booking form.
- All tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable except in accordance with the applicable laws in the region of purchase. Includes any charitable donation.
- Event organisers reserve the right to withdraw, reschedule or substitute features and may vary advertised programs, prices and venues.
- Age of child is determined at the date of the event not at the purchase date.
- Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- Anyone aged 16 and under planning to camp, must be accompanied by a responsible camping adult at all times.
- No alcohol, illicit drugs glass, animals, fireworks, weapons, pools and spas, drones, motorcycles, motorised scooters or eskies, skateboards or any unauthorised vehicles are to be brought into the event site.
- Still cameras (not professional) are permitted but images may only be used for private purposes and not public display. Patrons offer consent to be included in film and sound recordings of the event and for these recordings to be used by the event organiser.
- Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased through an authorised point of sale. Ticket to be exchanged for event wristband at event ticket box to gain entry and re-entry. Broken wristbands will not be honoured or replaced.
- All bookings and ticket purchases are non-transferable and may not be sold or transferred by you.
- The right is reserved to charge a fee for the replacement of tickets.
- The right of admission is reserved and is subject to the event organiser and the venues terms of admission.
- It is a condition of entry that you submit to a search of person or possessions on entry to the venue if we decide to take such action.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability of any nature for the acts, omissions or default of those providing services in connection with ‘Summernats Pty Ltd’ or any liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay or additional expenses which are incurred at or in association with this event. Where legislation implies any condition or warranty which cannot be excluded or modified, that condition or warranty will be deemed to be included in this agreement. However, our liability for any breach of such condition or warranty will be limited, at our option, to the resupply of the services or the cost of having the services supplied again. In no event will we be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary or special damages.
- You acknowledge that neither we nor the venue will be responsible for any loss or damage to the property (including personal property such as bags, money or other personal items) brought to or purchased at the event by you or your invitees.
- You will be liable for any loss or damage caused at the event by you or your invitees.
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone the event for any reason.
- You must ensure that you and your invitees act in an orderly manner when attending the event. We may refuse entry or evict you or any of your invitees if they are behaving in a disorderly, offensive or inappropriate manner.
- There will be no refund on any unused portion of tickets if you or your invitees are asked or forced to leave or if you decide not to attend any part of the Event.
- ‘Summernats Pty Ltd’ cares for the environment and community. Please be respectful and place any litter in the bins provided around the venue.
This agreement is governed by the laws of Canberra, Australia.
Time To Pay’ Terms and Conditions
Emedia Campaigns Pty Ltd ACN 085 534 014 ("Emedia") as agent for the presenter of Summernats 2015, [Summernats Pty Ltd] is pleased to offer the Time to Pay Plan for this event.
If you elect to pay for your ticket using the "Time to Pay" plan the following terms and conditions apply, as well as Summernats general terms and conditions (which deal with refunds, cancelled or postponed events, conduct at events and other important matters) as outlined above.
- By proceeding with this transaction, you agree that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions, please do not proceed with this transaction.
- By selecting the Time to Pay option, you hereby authorise Summernats to charge your nominated credit card in accordance with the payment schedule below until full payment has been received for your tickets.
- Upon selecting the Time to Pay option, you will be charged your first installment as specified by Summernats at the time of booking and additional installments will then be charged as specified in the payment schedule below.
- For any tickets purchased after the date specified for payment of an instalment in the payment schedule, you will be required to pay any accumulated installments at the time of the booking. From that date on, the remaining instalments will be payable in accordance with the payment schedule below.
- Installments will be deducted using the same credit card used for the original booking. If your credit card happens to expire during the Time to Pay period, you will have the facility to update your credit card details via your secure online members area.
- Time to Pay commitments will not be frozen, cancelled or deferred, nor will you be entitled to a refund or exchange during the Time to Pay process, unless in accordance with Summernats’s general terms and conditions for cancelled events or to the extent required under applicable trade practices and consumer protection laws.
- While we will hold your tickets for you, you are not entitled to delivery of your tickets until all installments are received. Once full payment has been received, you will receive an email advising that your tickets are available in your account and ready to print via your online members area.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that: (a) the account details you have provided are correct and (b) you have sufficient clear funds available in the nominated account on the scheduled drawing dates.
- In the event an installment is not received by Summernats when Summernats attempts to process an installment payment through your credit card in accordance with the payment schedule, Summernats will notify you via email and provide you the facility to catch up on a scheduled payment. Any fees levied to you by your financial institution will be payable by you. Your following scheduled payments will not be changed.
- In the event that a scheduled payment is not received following that process or a subsequent installment is not received by Summernats (Summernats will not be required to contact you where there is a second failure with your credit card), you will be in breach of this agreement and Summernats will cancel your booking and retain all monies received from you (such fee represents Emedia's reasonable costs of cancelling your booking). Emedia will then email you notifying you that your booking has been cancelled.
- No tickets will be made available to you until full payment has been received. Emedia will send you an email once full payment has been made which includes a link for you to download your tickets via your secure Online members area. You will need access to an email account and a printer to receive tickets this way.
- PAYMENT SCHEDULE
First Payment: Due on the date of ordering
Second Payment: Due 28 Days (4 Weeks) after first payment
Third Payment: Due 28 Days (4 Weeks) after second payment
Final Payment: Due 28 Days (4 Weeks) after third payment
BY ENTERING EXHIBITION PARK IN CANBERRA AND SPECTATING, PARTICIPATING IN OR OTHERWISE ATTENDING SUMMERNATS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT:
- THE SUMMERNATS IS A DANGEROUS RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY;
- THERE IS A RISK TO YOU OF INJURY, SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH IN RESPECT OF THE DANGEROUS RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY, ALONG WITH THE LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY (“THE RISK”);
- YOU HAVE ACTED VOLUNTARILY WITH FULL APPRECIATION OF THE RISK;
- BY YOUR VOLUNTARY ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK, SUMMERNATS PTY LTD (ACN: 139 042 961) WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH, OR LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR SPECTATING, PARTICIPATION OR IN OTHERWISE ATTENDING SUMMERNATS;
- THIS DISCLAIMER CONSTITUTES A RISK WARNING OF THE RISK; AND
- AS YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN A RISK WARNING, SUMMERNATS PTY LTD DOES NOT OWE YOU A DUTY OF CARE TO TAKE CARE IN RESPECT OF THE RISK